- New "Regression" app. Only supports linear regression for now. Can be opened from the export menu in the Dataset app.
- Plots are much faster in most cases.
- Parser has been polished and several bugs fixed.
- Upgrade to Polymer 1.0. (Polymer is currently only on a trial in the user guide).
- Optimize math typesetting in the user guide.
- New light theme is default.
- Logged in users can choose between light and dark theme.
- Many bug fixes and under the hood improvements.
- Backend upgrades.
- Security related fixups.
- The user and resource systems has had a fresh start.
- Sharing resources/workspaces by URL is now possible.
- Graph: Support for edge labels.
- Graph: Several new display options, for colors in particular.
- A simple Venn diagram app.
- Dataset app is rethought and redone.
- Many small UI improvements and bugfixes.
Focus on improving mathshell for statefull computations and scripting of the environment. Besides several new object types and methods available this is achieved through:
- The $ symbol can now be used to access a global (workspace-wide) namespace. Simply prefix a variable name with $ to read or write global variables.
- The apps are exporting their main math object to the global namespace. E.g., while having an app named graph_0 open, you can access its graph object in mathshell using $graph_0.
- The mutate operator ".." can be used in stead of "." to call object methods. A mutation will change the existing object rather than returning a new one.
- The View constructor makes an auto-updating visualization/fancy-representation of its input object by tracking mutations.
- The do routine covers much of what loops and timers are used for in other languages.
do(myRoutine, 10) # Calls myRoutine 10 times. do(myRoutine, 10, 100) # Calls myRoutine 10 times with a 100ms delay between calls. do(myRoutine, [1,2,3]) # Call myRoutine one time for each of the vector elements. do(myRoutine, [1,2,3], 100) # As above but with 100ms delay between calls.
- The mobile and desktop ui's have been unified and improved for non-desktop devices. Still a lot to be desired in terms of the apps themselves.
- Performance improvements for small integers (no more unconditional bignums).
- Distribution: Fix incorrect cdf computation for Poisson.
- Mathshell : Built-in functions are now first-order functions
- Mathshell : Start of symbolic differentiation support
- Mathshell : Many bug fixes
- Plot : Introducing the time variable t
- Plot : UI improvements
- Graph : Move vertices and labels in the new move mode
- Graph : A few bug fixes
- Adjustments for mobile (still sucks)
- Version numbering and release notes